Xpert Testing Incharge (Peshawar)
Xpert Testing incharge
General Position Summary
The incumbent will be responsible for overall management of the Xpert testing site in the designated hospital or lab in the assigned district in accordance with the PPM Operational Guidelines
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Test clinical specimen of patients referred for diagnosis of tuberculosis, using Gene Xpert machine
- Timely reporting of results as per recommendation and maintain record of all test on standard recording tool/ electronically
- Report Rifampicin resistant cases with immediate effect and by fastest mean possible to referring health facility, linked PMDT sites and MDR focal person
- Coordinate closely with referring health facility linked PMDT site and District TB control officer to ensure that all diagnosed cases are enrolled on treatment
- Prepares and submit weekly /monthly performance report of gene Xpert on standard format
- Maintain GeneXpert equipment and perform calibration as per users’ manual/ instruction provided
- Report immediately in case of errors/Technical issue in Xpert machine to ACF Coordinator and follow instruction for trouble shoot
- Maintain the status of cartridges and timely generate a demand for cartridges
- Give clear instruction to patients for obtaining good quality sputum
- Ensure uninterrupted provision of services and supplies
Knowledge and Experience
The candidate must be BSC Medical laboratory technologist graduated from a recognized university. Candidates having 2 years’ diploma as Pathology Technician from a recognized medical faculty will be considered; in lieu of a bachelor Degree – provided they meet the desired experience, competencies, and skills.
Additional qualifications such as Diploma or Certification in IT/Computer will be an added advantage.
The candidate must have basic knowledge and experience of working in clinical Pathology Lab, having minimum 2-year of experience. Experience of working in laboratory will be an asset. Knowledge about bio-safety in TB laboratory is desired.