TB Screener (Peshawar)
TB Screener—ECF Hospitals
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The incumbent will be responsible for verbal screening of TB patients at the assigned hospital in accordance with the ECF Operational Guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verbally screen all the beneficiaries attending different OPDs of the hospital using screening tool
- Ensuring that all the identified presumptive cases reach the designated Doctor
- Ensure that all the identified presumptive cases provide sputum
- Transport the sputum to the xpert testing site, bring the result back to the hospital and register the TB patient
- TB screener will facilitate the diagnosed patients in identification of treatment supporter and collection of medicine from the trained paramedics
- S/he will support the trained paramedic in preparing the TB R & R tools
- In case of Rifampicin Resistance (RR) detected, coordinate with the DFS for further management and registration at the PMDT site
- Coordinate with Regional Coordinator (RC), District TB Coordinator (DTC), District Lab Supervisor (DLS), Private Healthcare providers and Lab technician for effective implementation of TB-program Responsible for submission of programmatic record to the District Field Supervisor on monthly basis in line with the PPM Operational Guidelines.
- Maintain stock register for ATT drugs, lab reagents and other material received from district store.
- Prepare monthly record of the screened, presumptive, positive TB case and RR cases and report to the DFS
- Perform other required tasks assigned by the supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation preferably in social sciences or relevant discipline. Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Pushto. Working knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Word).
At least 2 years of relevant work experience with community based programs, preferably with TB DOTS awareness programs/medical background like nurses or paramedics. Excellent communication skills are essential.