Regional Coordinator PPM
A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
Regional Coordinator PPM. (01 Position-Peshawar)
Duty Station: Peshawar
Reports to: Project Manager / Director
The overall job responsibility is to provide administrative, management and technical support to the field teams for effective implementation of project activities in project districts of the region. The incumbent will be responsible for carefully following/monitoring the progress of the project in the assigned project districts, towards meeting the programmatic and financial objectives, and for preparing monthly and quarterly project progress reports for submission to the Project Manager.
Under supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will provide technical assistance and guidance to the field teams for implementing project activities according to the approved operational guidelines; preparing monthly work plans and reports; and coordinating with district health authorities. The incumbent, in consultation with the Project Manager, will strengthen capacity of field teams through formal workshops, trainings etc. The incumbent will carry-out regular monitoring visits of project districts, provide on-site technical support and will ensure quality, validity and timeliness of reports being generated by the field teams.
In coordination with Project Manager, the Regional Coordinator will ensure standardization and quality of project activities being implemented by field teams. The incumbent will maintain a positive working relationship within the team and with the district health authorities of project districts.
- Provide overall management and supervision in planning and implementing field activities in consultation with the Project Manager
- Coordinate regularly with field teams and district health authorities to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project activities
- Responsible for reviewing the reported programmatic and financial data related to the activities conducted in the assigned districts
- Responsible for conducting the mapping exercise in the district under the stewardship of the district health authorities
- Responsible for arranging meetings, maintaining communication, and troubleshooting problems where required with the local health and other departments as well as with the other stakeholders in close coordination with the Project Manager
- Responsible for coordinating with and attending meetings of district coordination related to the project activities, especially Quarterly Review Meetings in all assigned districts.
- Provide technical and managerial support to the field teams in the completion of program activities and be responsible for management and verification of programmatic and financial reporting (monthly/quarterly) of project districts
- Provide technical and managerial support to the project assistant and data management officer in delivering quality tasks.
- Conduct periodic, and as and when required, monitoring and supervision visits to assigned project districts and provide written feedback of their visits to DFS and ensure follow-up of important issues in subsequent visit.
- Provide support to field teams in maintaining and updating R&R tools, suspect register and stock register through on-job orientations
- Ensure availability of ATT medicines at all health facilities during regular monitoring visits
- Ensure participation in the planning and implementation of at least one PPM activity in the district on monthly basis
- Support field staff in selection of venues for PPM activities (CGMs and Chest Camps) in coordination with District TB Coordinator to ensure the effectiveness of these activities and to get maximum yield
- Responsible for physical verification of under treatment and treatment completed TB patients during monitoring visits.
- Responsible for submitting quality field visit reports within 5 working days to Project Manager including all important issues/achievements that were observed/discussed during monthly monitoring visits so that timely action can be taken to address any urgent matter.
- Ensure participation in monthly program review meetings (at SR level) and share monthly programmatic data with Project Manager
- Ensure that all target districts have written PPM plans and active monitoring systems
- Conduct regular meetings, briefings and debriefings within the team in consultation with the Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager in developing technical documents like consolidated Labs, GPs and Patients Data in coordination with other RCs and Project Officer
- Responsible for the capacity building of the field teams in the areas of project monitoring, planning, implementation and technical know-how of PPM
- Ensure timely reporting as per the Global Fund guidelines and procedures to the Project Manager
- Work closely with Project Manager for the preparation of assigned district targets, quarterly achievements and finalization of quarterly progress reports
- Work with Project Manager for review and analysis of the on board GPs’ performance
- Assess knowledge and skills of project staff to identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps
- Work with the Project Assistant to document best practices, lessons learnt, recommendations and way forward
- The position will require monthly travel to the assigned project sites and liaison with various governmental and non-governmental implementing partners at the district level
- Conduct him/herself professionally and personally in such a manner so as to bring credit to SR and in no way jeopardize its humanitarian efforts
- Any other task or responsibility as assigned by the Project Manager
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- MBBS degree from a recognized institution is mandatory. Candidates with MPH and proven track record of working with public health programs, especially TB will be preferred. Advanced knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point. Excellent communication skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Pashto is essential.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in implementing community based programs, preferably with TB DOTS or Primary Health Care awareness activities.
- Maximum age limit 45 Years at the time of interview.
The successful and timely implementation and completion of project activities in project districts and efficient execution of responsibilities as outlined under essential job functions.
Last date for submission is Aug 07th, 2017