A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
Project Manager. (01 Position-Peshawar)
Duty Station: Peshawar
Reports to: Director
Job Description in summary: The project manager oversees all aspects of the project using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. He is responsible for co-ordination and completion of the project and will perform a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring, reporting and summarising progress of the project activities. Maintains close working relationship with the government authorities, civil society partners and other stakeholders as applicable, and focuses on achieving project goals and objectives.
Reporting to the Director of ACD, and working with the project team, the Project manager will assume the following specific responsibilities:
- Leading the planning and implementation of projects and developing full scale project plans independently
- Track and coordinate project activities, and regularly report to Director and donors.
- Give technical advice and guidance to the project team on programmatic and financial matters and reporting requirements.
- Manage project documentation, communications, and reporting including meeting minutes, work plans, and drafting and tracking of technical and financial reports.
- Maintain project records as per the requirements of the donors.
- Assist in overall program management by tracking project targets and deliverables; maintain timelines and budgets for assigned project.
- To plan and participate in the trainings organized by ACD for the government and non-government organizations/partners, para-statal hospitals, and other stakeholders as required by the GF grant.
- 15% of the time shall be allocated for monitoring and evaluation of the field activities for timely achievement of targets, grants utilization and smooth implementation at field level.
- To work together with the field and office staff for planning and implementation of the activity plans related to monitoring, supervision and training as per the requirement of the GF grant.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings, issuing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking and reporting project progress and following up on action items
- Coordinate, develop and maintain, close and effective working relationships with implementing partners, provincial TB program, directorate of health, district health authorities and other partners in the project area for planning and implementation of the activity plans.
- Coordinate and assist in the, collection and sharing of relevant information/data/ reports and provide regular written and verbal reports to the ACD Director.
- To prepare and timely submit activity reports/monitoring tools to the director. Identify issues and discrepancies in priorities, plans and activities and provide recommendations for senior management, partners, and funders, as needed for immediate resolution
- Coordinating with Finance and Operations team for preparation of financial reports
- Participate in workshops/trainings organized by the PR/NTP and ACD etc.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- MBBS with Master degree in Public Health having 10 years of experience.
- Strong communication and grants negotiation skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English and local languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and establish excellent relationships with team members, donors and implementing/collaborating partners.
- Experience in proposal development and report writing.
- Knowledge of advocacy, social mobilization and quality assurance for community programmes and health institutions/hospitals.
- Experience in team management, decision making and presentation skills.
- Ability to adopt to different cultural contexts.
- Flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary team and in difficult situation
- Humanitarian motivation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer program
- Ability to work-proactively in a team and perform tasks independently within a set framework of responsibilities and assignments
- Verified monthly and annual work plan
- Quarterly activity monitoring report
- Meeting minutes and reports
- Monthly training reports
- Verification of Monthly activity expense reports
- Quarterly/monthly performance update
- Monthly staff time sheets
- Annual staff performance appraisal
Last date for submission is May 03, 2017