A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
Project Assistant. (01 Position-Peshawar)
Duty Station: Peshawar
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Project Assistant will be involved in the overall day-to-day affairs of management of the office. This includes supervision of registry’s work, office support, and procurement, maintenance of inventory, handling of supplies, works and services. The role of Project assistant is to provide effective administration support with the aim of assisting the achievement of project objectives.
- Assist ACD management in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the ACD office and program support operations;
- Must have a clear understanding on all ACD policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all ACD programs;
- Assist management in facilitating the adherence to ACD administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff. Provide training and guidance to support staff, as needed;
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, translation services, telephones and faxes.
- Prepare duty roster for the cooks and guards; day to day supervision of property management including guards, cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
- Maintain and monitor attendance book; alert supervisors to poor attendance records of relevant staff;
- Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all ACD staff; Assist in maintaining a central filing system.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required;
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for ACD – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to ACD staff and other ACD offices;
- Responsible for facilitating visas and other legal documentation for ACD staff;
- Assist A/FO for maintaining personnel files for all ACD staff and ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated;
- Responsible for preparing ID cards for all staff.
- Assist Administrative Officer in processing payments for all service contractors;
- Assist Finance Department in making cash payments in the field and maintaining payment sheet – as instructed by the Head of Office;
- File ACD documents as required.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ACD and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Office Experience – General, Telephone Skills, Typing, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Administrative Writing Skills, Quick books and must have experience in maintaining inventory.
- Use of office equipment such as Photocopier, Fax machine, printer and scanner.
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office
- Relevant qualifications in logistics, administration or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience some of which should be with NGO’s
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English.
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Able to write clear reports
- Good interpersonal skills
Monthly / quarterly reports
Last date for submission is July 17th, 2016