Program Assistant (Peshawar)
|Responsible to:||MDR TB Coordinator|
|Job Description in summary||Admin/Office Assistant will be involved in the overall day-to-day affairs of management of the office. This includes supervision of registry’s work, office support, and procurement, maintenance of inventory, handling of supplies, works and services. The role of the Admin/Office assistant is to provide effective administration support with the aim of assisting the achievement of project objectives.|
· Assist management in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the office and program support operations;
· Must have a clear understanding on all policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all programs;
· Assist management in facilitating the adherence to administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff. Provide training and guidance to support staff, as needed;
· Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, translation services, telephones and faxes.
· Prepare duty roster for the cooks and guards; day to day supervision of property management including guards, cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
· Maintain and monitor attendance book; alert supervisors to poor attendance records of relevant staff;
· Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all staff; Assist in maintaining a central filing system.
· Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
· Translation of any program or office documentation, as required;
· Responsible for maintaining contact sheet, ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to staff and other offices;
· Responsible for facilitating visas and other legal documentation for staff;
· Assist A/FO for maintaining personnel files for all staff and ensuring leave records of all staff are properly maintained and updated;
· Responsible for preparing ID cards for all staff.
· Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and processing of payroll along with Finance and Admin Officers;
· Assist Administrative Officer in processing payments for all service contractors;
· Assist Finance Department in making cash payments in the field and maintaining payment sheet – as instructed by the Head of Office;
· File Office documents as required.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Office and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications and experience||
Minimum Graduate in Finance/HR/Computer Science from a reputable university with Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
Working experience in Program related position in Health project will be given preference.
· Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office
· Relevant qualifications in logistics, administration or related fields
· Minimum 3 years’ experience some of which should be with NGO’s
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent English.
· Able to work with limited supervision
· Able to write clear reports
· Good interpersonal skills
|Deliverables||Monthly / quarterly reports|