A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
MDR-Treatment Coordinator HDL. (01 Position-Mardan)
Duty Station: Mardan
Reports to: DR-TB Coordinator
Treatment Coordinator HDL will assist MDR TB coordinator in managing, MDT TB patients. Responsible for identification and training of treatment supporter, follow up of the patients, establish linkages between treating hospital and other facilities including DOTS centres for proper referrals. Facilitate and monitor social support provision to patients and Treatment supporters.
The main responsibilities will include assisting the hospital team:
- In management of MDR TB patients per the National MDR TB guidelines. Hold a dialogue with newly registered MDR-TB patients for decentralized delivery of MDR-TB care
- Identification and training of treatment supporter for each newly diagnosed MDR-TB patient
- Follow up of the patients to ensure DOT
- Establish linkages between treating hospital and other facilities including DOTS centres for proper referrals
- Coordinate with the selected DOTS Plus clinic for a joint meeting with facility staff and MDR-TB patient and finalize the arrangements for decentralized care delivery to patients.
- Conduct home visit of newly registered patient and do contact tracing and social profiling of MDR-TB patient
- Facilitate and monitor social support provision to patients and Treatment Supporter
- Liaise with staff at hospital, peripheral DOTS Plus clinic, and the District TB Coordinator for proper management of MDR TB patients
- Arrange retrieval of unused drugs/ materials from DOTS Plus clinic, in case patient dies or stop taking treatment.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
- Participate in periodic intra-hospital monitoring events.
- Participate in on the job and formal trainings organized by PR/ GF
- Maintain close and effective working relationship with the hospital management for the implementation of project activities
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Undertake health and safety measures required with the post and/or as detailed in the programme guidelines
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Master in Social Sciences or atleast Graduate 2 years’ experience/ Paramedic with atleast 5 years of experience in community based treatment, social / community mobilization, networking and coordination.
- Flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary team
- Humanitarian motivation
- Fluency in local languages (Urdu & Pushtu)
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills are prerequisites for this position.
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationship among project staff and recipients of assistance
Monthly / quarterly reports of field / home visits as may be required
Last date for submission is July 23, 2017