A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
IT Assistant. (01 Position-Peshawar)
Duty Station: Peshawar
Reports to: Program Manager
- Networking, Internet Access, Data backups and Print Sharing
- Website & Web mail Management
- Troubleshooting Hardware, Software and general Network issues
- Technical Assistance to Staff
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Networking of Computers & Printer Sharing
- Internet Access of all computers
- Data Backups
- Troubleshooting of computer software’s, installation of software’s, installation drivers, secure computer systems using Antivirus protections etc
- Microsoft Excel usage
Detail description of duties
Website and Email Management
- Content update on organization’s website which includes events, news feeds and other relevant data for better and wide scale Coverage of organization Activities
- Email Accounts Management & their updates
- Website designing
- Wordpres, Joomla
- Cpanle, Domain Hosting
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Design websites.
- Generate and revise web pages.
- Examine and analyze site traffic.
- Configure web servers such as Apache.
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email.
- Decide what kind of computer will hold a web site’s information.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Meet with designers to agree on site’s design.
- Fix links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly.
- Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the Internet.
- Keep files small so sites load faster.
- Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access a website.
Technical Assistance to Staff
- Technically Assist Staff for Networking and IT enhancements
- Data backup and restore services
- Windows 2012 R2 server Configuration
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Microsoft Volume Licensing
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Administers user accounts
- Transfers computer files between platforms
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Arranges for distribution of output to customer
Microsoft Excel Skills:
- Working with basic formulas
- Pivot Tables
- Graphs and Charts
Undertake any other activity that contributes to the smooth running and development of the organization.
MIT, MCS, BCS (4 Years) or equivalent qualification
At least 3 Years post qualification experience working in Government, Semi Government, Autonomous, Multinational, National or International non-government organizations in similar position.
Knowledge of Microsoft Licensing would be plus.
Preference would be given to Web Developers.
Last date for submission is 08 August, 2017