Finance Manager Peshawar
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Overall responsibility for the Financial and administration
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in both the main office and in field offices in accordance with the organization Finance Manual and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Hire, train and supervise Head Office finance staff.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of Organization programs.
- Provide monthly management reports to the Director and Program Managers, including expenditures by cost center/project, subgrantee reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train organization program and partner staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with Organization’s procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Develop and maintain local office policies and procedures and provide training for all issues related to local financial matters.
- Analyze compensation packages, taxation requirements and human resource policies for local staff to ensure that organization has adequately accounted for the financial impact of local staff compensation and benefits.
- Maintain appropriate local insurance coverage to protect organization.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and experience required
- Four or more years of progressive financial management experience is required.
- CA Finalist /Master Degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Four years’ experience in grants management as well as an understanding of donor regulations is required.
- Experience of working with an INGO will be given preference.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Ability to work on Quick book software is mandatory.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills