Driver (Peshawar) II
|Job Summary:||The driver will provide safe, transport services for program and support staff in the described AOR (Area of Responsibility). The driver will adhere to all traffic and Organization safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Organization.|
|Key Responsibilities:||· Operate organization vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
· Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with organization policies/regulations;
· Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems supervisor;
· Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Organization and supervisor;
· Responsible for the safe keeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
· Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
· Assist, as required, with logistics in the office ;
· Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
· Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
· Undertake field assignments as assigned;
· Work night shifts when required.
· Adherence to all organization policies and procedures as outlined in organization policies and procedure manuals;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Other duties as assigned.
|Qualification and experience required
|· At least Metric level education
· Minimum 02 years’ experience with Valid driving license and experience in driving 4×4 vehicles. Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules. Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required. Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.