Contact Screener (Mardan)
General position summary
The Contact Screener will be responsible for the implementation of the contact screening component of the TB Program in the assigned district.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop monthly home visit plans in consultation with Regional Coordinator
- Ensure visiting registered TB patients in both public and private sectors as per the work plan
- Conduct contact screening of all household members of the registered TB patients
- Identify and refer TB presumptive to nearest private health facility
- Work in close coordination with District Field Supervisor to ensure registration of referred patients
- Ensure that all household members of the registered TB patients other than the presumptive visit the private health facility for Xray and are put on preventive therapy as per the national guidelines
- Enter data in the contact screening mobile application for each visit as per the operational guidelines
- Enter details of the newly registered Index cases and his/her household contacts in the application and get it verified by RCs on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Trace persons who default from latent TB infection treatment
- Share weekly reports of contact screening with Regional Coordinator for review and further submission to Project Manager
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor
knowledge and experience:
Graduation preferably in social sciences or relevant discipline. Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Pushto. Working knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Word).
At least 2 years of relevant work experience with community based programs, preferably with TB DOTS awareness programs/medical background like nurses or paramedics. Excellent communication skills are essential.