A National Civil Society Organization is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for Test and Interview.
Clinical Psychologist (01 Position – Mardan)
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Reports: MDR TB Coordinator
Clinical psychologist will assist the MDR team in management of MDR TB patients registered for treatment. Will be responsible to reduce the distress and improve the psychological well-being of patients and bring a positive change in the condition of patients using various methods and treatment.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Assist MDR TB coordinator in the assessment and registration of MDR TB patients
- assessing patients’ needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behaviour;
- working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, health professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
- devising and monitoring appropriate programmes of treatment, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
- offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behaviour;
- developing and evaluating service provision for patients;
- Providing consultation to patients
- provide consultation to team members when required encouraging a psychological approach in their work;
- Keep detailed paperwork about clients in order to monitor the progress of the clients’ treatments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports of clients consultations and progress
- Educate newly registered and follow-up MDR-TB patients, as per program guidelines.
- Participate in periodic intra-hospital monitoring events.
- Participate in on the job and formal trainings organized by PR/ GF on the case management
- Maintain close and effective working relationship with the hospital management for the implementation of project activities
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary team and in difficult situation
- Humanitarian motivation
- Fluency in local languages (Urdu & Pushtu)
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office will be an added benefit
Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationship among project staff and recipients of assistance
Last date for submission is July 23, 2017