Clinical Psychologist (Swat)
|Job Title:||Clinical Psychologist|
|Responsible to:||DR TB Coordinator|
|Job Description in summary||Clinical psychologist will assist the MDR team in management of MDR TB patients registered for treatment. Will be responsible to reduce the distress and improve the psychological well-being of patients and bring a positive change in the condition of patients using various methods and treatment.|
The main responsibilities will include:
• Assist MDR TB coordinator in the assessment and registration of MDR TB patients
• assessing patients’ needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behaviour;
• working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, health professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
• devising and monitoring appropriate programmes of treatment, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
• offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behaviour;
• developing and evaluating service provision for patients;
• Providing consultation to patients
• provide consultation to team members when required encouraging a psychological approach in their work;
• Keep detailed paperwork about clients in order to monitor the progress of the clients’ treatments.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports of clients consultations and progress
• Educate newly registered and follow-up MDR-TB patients, as per program guidelines.
• Participate in periodic intra-hospital monitoring events.
• Participate in on the job and formal trainings organized by ACD / PR/ GF on the case management
• Maintain close and effective working relationship with the hospital management for the implementation of project activities
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• Undertake health and safety measures required with the post and/or as detailed in the programme guidelines
|Qualifications and experience||Masters in Clinical/Applied Psychology (alternatively, Master in Social / Behavioral Sciences) with 2 years’ Experience in Counselling / Psychotherapy. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office will be an added benefit.|
§ Flexibility to work in multi-disciplinary team and in difficult situation
§ Humanitarian motivation
§ Fluency in local languages (Urdu & Pushtu)
§ Good communication skills
§ Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office will be an added benefit
§ Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationship among project staff and recipients of assistance
§ Patients record of consultations
§ Monthly /Quarterly reports