BCC Officer (Lower Dir, Swat, Kurram Agency)
|Job Title:||BCC Officer|
|Reports:||District Coordinator/ Training & BCC Manager|
|Location:||Lower Dir ,Kurram Agency & Swat|
|Job Summary||To assist in all the tasks and responsibilities related to behaviour change communication in malaria endemic areas and increase the overall awareness level regarding malaria & its prevention.|
|Key Responsibilities||· To assist in planning and organizing of the Advocacy & BCC activity schedule in the work plan in the target Districts/Agencies.
· To conduct Advocacy sessions with LHWs, CBOs, Community elders.
· To develop close liaison with PR Meal Officers DHOs/Agency Surgeon/MS/CBO/NGO & LHS/LHWs/ National Program Coordinators.
· To conduct health education sessions, distribute IEC materials in areas prone to outbreaks.
· To monitor & Supervise BCC activities conducted by LHWs/CBOs.
· To prepare monthly/quarterly activity plan in consultation with district coordinator & Head office BCC Team.
· To submit monthly/ quarterly reports, bills, BCC Database and other BCC related documents, to District/Central.
· Conduct quarterly & monthly coordination meetings with District Health Staff/CBO/NGO/LHWs & Advocates.
· Identification of new advocates for conducting BCC sessions.
· Train selected LHWs/CBO members on conducting BCC sessions.
· Any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
|Person Specifications (Requirements):
|· Graduate in Social Sciences with minimum 2 years of work experience.
· Minimum one-year experience in Social Mobilization and Community Awareness.
· Fluency in local languages (Pashto & Urdu).
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly in MS Word and Excel.