BCC Officer (Khyber)
|Job Title:||BCC Officer|
|Reports:||District Coordinator/ Training & BCC Manager|
|Job Summary||To assist in all the tasks and responsibilities related to behaviour change communication in malaria endemic areas and increase the overall awareness level regarding malaria & its prevention.|
· To assist in planning and organizing of the Advocacy & BCC activity schedule in the work plan in the target Districts/Agencies.
· To conduct Advocacy sessions with LHWs, CBOs, Community elders according to SOP’s.
· To develop close liaison with PR Meal Officers DHOs/Agency Surgeon/MS/CBO/NGO & LHS/LHWs/ National Program Coordinators.
· To conduct health education sessions, distribute IEC materials in areas prone to outbreaks.
· To monitor & Supervise BCC activities conducted by LHWs/CBOs.
· To timely prepare monthly/quarterly activity plan in consultation with district coordinator & Head office BCC Team.
· To timely submit monthly/ quarterly reports, bills, BCC Database and other BCC related documents, to District/Central.
· Conduct quarterly & monthly coordination meetings with District Health Staff/CBO/NGO/LHWs & Advocates.
· Identification of new advocates for conducting BCC sessions.
· Train selected LHWs/CBO members on conducting BCC sessions in advocacy sessions.
· To achieve 100% targets according to sessions SOP’s.
· Thoroughly check & verify all kind of BCC related expenses before submission to head office.
· In case of absence/un-availability of Logistics officer at district level, then BCC Officer will look after the logistics related matters at district level under the instruction/supervision of respective District Coordinator.
· Verification of Documents as per requirement.
· Timely submission of all documents.
· Overwriting, Cutting, erasing is not allowed in documents on time of submission.
· Clearing of financial advances within the same month.
· Maintain HR register in the Field. Also timely forward Time Sheets aswell as Leave record to HR department.
· Discuss issues/complains of field staff with HR department.
· Any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
|Person Specifications (Requirements):
· Graduate in Social Sciences/Management Sciences with minimum 2 years of work experience.
· Minimum one-year experience in Social Mobilization and Community Awareness.
· Fluency in local languages (Pashto & Urdu).
· Frequent travel to field and head office as per plan shared.
· BCC officer must belong to same District/Tribal district.
· Excellent command on MS excel, word and Power point.
· Strictly follow the time line for assigned targets achievement and submission of documentation and database.